Like many people, I love coupons! I’m just so bad at remembering to use them! I’ll sometimes sit down on a Sunday morning with a nice hot cup of coffee and some newspaper inserts. I’ll cut out and organize all the coupons that I think I’m going to use, only to put them in an envelope and leave them on my kitchen counter when I go shopping, lol. Thank goodness for digital coupons that I can access on my phone.
I’m also always on the hunt for discount coupon codes or free shipping offers before ordering anything online. I will always look for a deal before I order anything!
How about you? Do you use coupons? If so, which type do you use most often, paper or digital? Let me know by leaving a comment. I would love to hear from you!
Coupon Fun Facts
In an article on creditdonkey.com, they shared some interesting coupon usage statistics. Let’s take a look.
- 45% of consumers report using coupons often, if not always.
- 62% of consumers check store circulars for coupons to match items on their shopping list.
- 93% of consumers use paper coupons while 75% use paperless coupons.
- 67% of consumers made an unplanned purchase solely because of a coupon or discount.
- 81% of consumers would take additional action, such as enrolling in a loyalty program, to redeem a rebate or coupon.
- 50% of consumers use digital coupons while shopping in-store.
- 82% of consumers redeem a digital coupon within a week of being clipped and 30% redeem these within a day.
Coupon/Deals Tips for NCP Panel Members
Here are some scanning tips regarding coupons and deals for panel members:
If you purchase items using a special deal like a coupon, discount, or store sale, please make sure you enter that information when you’re scanning the purchases. Manufacturers and retailers really want to know what types of deals you’re using/getting when you buy their products.
As you know, many coupons have a barcode on them. Although we want you to tell us about any coupons you use, please don’t scan the barcode on a coupon. Even if the NCP handheld scanner or NCPMobile App accepts the barcode, the information is not readable to us and we cannot use it.
NCP has a helpful tutorial about coupons and deals, check it out in the “Community Center” section on the homepage of ncponline.com.
We also have a video on this subject on our YouTube channel. Click here to view the video!
I hope you found all of this information about coupons and deals to be helpful.
Now, let me get back to clipping my coupons (and forgetting to use them, lol).
Have a great day, and happy “deal” shopping!