The holiday shopping season is upon us, and for many, pets are at the top of their holiday shopping list. After all, they are members of the family! No matter what type of pet you’re shopping for, popular holiday gifts for them might include yummy treats, new toys, a new collar, new ID tags, new bedding, a new leash, new water and food bowls, and so on.
Pets are a part of the NCP family, too!
According to a recent NCP survey, 42% of panel members who responded to the survey said they own at least one dog, and 33% said they own at least one cat.
Panel Members: Please remember to scan all of your holiday purchases (in addition to your regular purchases), including the gifts you buy for your pets. Don’t scan the gifts that you or your pets receive from others, only scan the products that you and other household members buy.
If you buy holiday gifts for your pets, what do you usually buy? Let me know in the comment section. I look forward to reading your comments!
Pets and the holiday season
The online pet supplies retailer, Chewy, surveyed hundreds of pet owners about how they plan to include their animals in holiday celebrations. Let’s take a look at what they said:
- 94% said they planned to shop for their pet this holiday season — with 58% sharing that they plan to buy their pet two to three gifts.
- Some pet owners admitted to putting their pets at the top of their “nice” list, with 65% of owners admitting they buy gifts for their pets before gifts for other family members.
- One in three pet owners said they planned to bake holiday-themed treats for their pet.
- 87% of pet owners said they planned to hang a holiday stocking for their pet. 58% said they wrap presents for their pets.
- 83% said they will include their pet in their holiday photos.
Have a great weekend, and happy holiday shopping for both your humans…and your pets!