I love to read. Summer’s supposed to be the time to slow down and knock off a few good books. But unfortunately, doing a million things at work and at home, it’s hard to find time to read.
But I’ve found a few ways to help me read more. So even though summer is almost over, I’d like to pass along some tips, from the odysseyonline.com:
- Bring a book wherever you go. If you don’t want to lug around a hardcover book, upload a book on your Smartphone or tablet, if you have either. You can read a few pages here or there, whether you’re waiting in line or during a break.
- Listen to audiobooks. Even if you don’t have some written material in your hands, listening to audiobooks still counts!
- Don’t be afraid to put down a book you’re not enjoying. Sometimes you start reading a book, then realize it’s not what you expected. So just put it down and start another one!
- Join a book club. Interacting with others about a particular book can really get you motivated to read.
- Set aside a specific time to read every day. Make a commitment to read, whether it’s just for 10 minutes or for an hour. Like anything else, if you schedule the time, you’re more likely to actually do what you wanted to do.
Let us know if you have any reading tips. Or, if you’re reading a really good book this summer!
And if you do buy a book, whether from a physical store or online, please record the purchase.
One last thing: Be on the lookout for another NCP Blog Scavenger Hunt! Details to come very, very soon!
Thanks, and have a great weekend.