I thought it would be a nice change of pace for both current panel members, and those who aren’t panel members (yet!?), to talk a little bit about NCP and what we’re all about!
Formed in 2010, National Consumer Panel (NCP) is a joint venture between NielsenIQ and IRI, the two leading consumer insight providers in the United States. We are a market research panel that focuses on measuring consumer attitudes and behavior. National Consumer Panel provides the highest quality, actionable consumer data to support the needs of both NielsenIQ and IRI.
NCP’s dedicated panel members make an impact! Here’s how.
Our members provide data about their shopping experiences. NCP analyzes this data, as well the data collected from survey responses.
Panel member data is combined and shared with manufacturers and retailers who use it to make important marketing decisions about the brands they produce and sell. And, in turn, this important data has an influence on future shopping experiences for consumers across the U.S.
Becoming A Member
Thinking about joining NCP? Here’s what to expect.
As a NCP panel member…
– You’ll use our NCPMobile app to scan the barcodes on all the products you, or others in your household, purchase during a shopping trip. You’ll also provide NCP with information on non-barcoded items that you purchase, such as fruits and vegetables, meats, baked goods, gas, prescriptions, and more.
– At least once a week, you’ll send us your shopping data. You’ll give us details about all of your shopping trips, such as the stores you went to or if the items were purchased online, whether you used a club/shopper card or coupons, and the price you paid for the items you purchased.
– You will earn reward points for sharing your shopping information and answering surveys which can be redeemed for gift cards or brand-name merchandise. You will also have the opportunity to participate in special promotions and sweepstakes for a chance to win amazing prizes.
Sounds great, right? Click here to sign up!
How Well Do You Know NCP?
Panel Members: Below are some questions about NCP and the panel, let’s see how well you know us! (Answers are at the end of the blog – don’t peek!)
- National Consumer Panel is a joint venture of which two companies?
- In what year was the joint venture, National Consumer Panel, formed?
- NCP panel members provide NCP with ________ data and ______ data.
- NCP panel members earn reward ______ to redeem for gift cards and merchandise.
- What’s the name of the app NCP panel members use to scan their purchases?
- Complete this NCP slogan: Your Voice. Your Impact. Your ______.
For more information about NCP, visit our corporate website.
Interested in joining NCP? Click here to sign up!
I hope you enjoyed learning more about NCP!
If you’re a panel member and have any questions, please contact our Support Center at 1-800-962-6700 or by email at [email protected] Thank you.
Answers: 1.NielsenIQ and IRI 2. 2010 3. shopping, survey 4. points 5. NCPMobile 6. Reward