Let the Thanksgiving celebration begin! Thanksgiving is always one of my favorite holidays. I love getting together with family and friends. This year, along with our immediate family, we’re having a few others come over.
I know things have been wacky these past two Thanksgivings, but hopefully you’re able to spend time with your loved ones.
As for me, I’ve already purchased many items for our dinner. Now I just have to work out a schedule for preparing everything!
What about you? What tasty things are you cooking up for Thanksgiving? Let us know in the comments section below.
Turkey Day Facts
There are, of course, many interesting facts about Thanksgiving. Here are just a few from wallethub.com:
- 96% of Americans say they celebrate Thanksgiving
- 3,000 – 4,500: Average number of calories consumed on Thanksgiving
- 10% of Americans get takeout from a restaurant or have their meal catered for Thanksgiving
- 9: Average number of guests (including household members)
- 88% of Americans will have turkey for thanksgiving dinner
- 79% of Americans will have mashed potatoes and stuffing/dressing
- 62% of Americans will have pumpkin or sweet potato pie
- 36% of Americans purchase their turkey one week before Thanksgiving
- 55% of Americans purchase frozen turkey
- 29% of Americans purchase fresh turkey
- 73% of U.S. adults agree that a fridge full of leftovers is the best thing about hosting Thanksgiving
- 42% of Americans will travel this Thanksgiving holiday
- 70% of travelers will drive to their destinations
- 37% of Americans will fly to their Thanksgiving destinations
Turkey Weekend Shopping Facts
Thanksgiving weekend is also the traditional start of the holiday shopping season. Here are some additional wallethub.com data from 2020:
- $312: Average person’s spending over the five-day Thanksgiving period
- 186M+ shopped over the five-day Thanksgiving period
- 52% of people buying holiday gifts got clothing or accessories
- 32% of Thanksgiving shoppers bought toys
- $5.1 billion: The amount spent online on Thanksgiving Day (a new record, 22% increase over 2019)
One of the best things about Thanksgiving Day dinner are the pies! I just love pie. Here are some of the top pie types Americans will be eating during the holiday, according to foodbeast.com:
- Lemon Meringue
What are some of your favorite pies? Let us know by leaving a comment in the section below.
Going Holiday Shopping?
Thanksgiving weekend is also the kick off to the mad holiday shopping season. So when you do your holiday shopping, please remember to record all your purchases, whether you shop in an actual store or online.
PSC Closed For The Holiday
I also want to remind everyone that the Panel Support Center will be closed on Thanksgiving Day and on Friday, Nov. 26. The PSC will be open on Saturday, Nov. 26, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET.
Finally, I hope you’re able to say thank you to all of your loved ones. It’s important to cherish the ones you love!
Have a very happy and safe holiday!