It’s here again! Turkey day is coming soon and you know what that means! Hopefully lots of family/friends, food, and fun.
This year our family is hosting, and we expect a lot of people! We’re going to have to break out a few card tables to accommodate everyone. They’ll be a lot of preparation involved, but fortunately I’ll have a lot of help.
How about you? What are your plans for Thanksgiving? What about Black Friday – going shopping? Let us know by posting a comment.
You know we all love some good info. Well, here are some Thanksgiving tidbits from the folks at wallethub.com:
- 96% of Americans say they celebrate Thanksgiving
- $552M+ estimated amount spent on Thanksgiving turkeys each year
- 73% of U.S. adults agree that a fridge full of leftovers is the best thing about hosting Thanksgiving
- 3,000 – 4,500: Average number of calories consumed on Thanksgiving
- 9% of Americans eat their Thanksgiving meal at a restaurant
- 72% of Americans plan to attend a Thanksgiving dinner with 5 or more people
- Americans’ favorite Thanksgiving dishes:
- 39% turkey
- 23% stuffing
- 12% pumpkin pie
- 9% mashed potatoes
- 6% sweet potatoes
- 3% cranberry sauce
- $313+ Average person’s spending over the five-day Thanksgiving period
- 165M+ shopped over the five-day Thanksgiving period in 2018
- 57% of people buying holiday gifts got clothing or accessories
- 34% of Thanksgiving shoppers bought toys in 2018
- $3.7B: Amount spent online on Thanksgiving Day in 2018 (28% increase over 2017)
weekend traveling trends
- 54.3M+ Americans will travel this Thanksgiving holiday (most since 2005)
- 89.4% of travelers will drive to their destinations
- 7.8% of Americans will fly to their Thanksgiving destinations
If you are one of those millions of people traveling by car this weekend, you’ll probably need to put some gas in the car. So please don’t forget to record the purchase. Just use the Gas listing in the Barcode Reference Booklet (Barcode Reference Booklet) if you use one of our handheld scanners, or if you’re an NCPMobile App user, use the Non-Barcoded Items list in the app. (NCPMobile people: Please do not use the Barcode Reference Booklet! Thank you.)
Note: Use Gas Trip Only designation if you just purchased gas during a trip to the service station. Use Gas With Purchase when the gasoline is purchased along with other items from the gasoline station’s convenience store. Only enter the price paid for the fuel. For all other items with a barcode, please record them as usual.
Also, let us know if you’re going to be away for a while by contacting the Panel Support Center at 800-962-6700. (If you have the NCPMobile App, you can use it while you’re away!)
Finally, I want to remind everyone that we are closed on Thanksgiving Day and Friday, Nov. 29. The Panel Support Center will be open on Saturday, Nov. 30, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET.
Have a very happy and safe holiday!