It’s summer, and that usually means – among other things – hot weather, swimming, being outside, and most importantly, eating ice cream!
Truth is, you can eat ice cream any old time of the year, but for some reason it just seems to go better with the summer season.
As you would expect, different parts of the country enjoy different flavors of ice cream.
WorkWise Software compiled a list (see WorkWise graphics below) using Google Trends to determine which popular ice cream flavors are searched through the United States. While vanilla and chocolate are two of the most-searched ice cream varieties, the most searched variety is actually cookies and cream, which was the top search result in 14 states.
The most popular ice cream flavors list also includes some unique flavors:
- Connecticut: Beer ice cream
- Michigan: Superman ice cream, which is a swirl of blue, red, and yellow
- Ohio: Pumpkin
- Oregon and Utah: Coconut milk
- Pennsylvania: Teaberry ice cream, which is pink and tastes like a wintergreen mint
- Virginia: Tiger Tail, which is orange-flavored ice cream with black licorice swirl
- Washington D.C.: Stracciatella, which is vanilla with chocolate strips
As for us New Yorkers, we seem to love a good scoop of chocolate chip (which is my personal favorite!)
What is your favorite type of ice cream? Let us know in the comments section.
And let’s not forget chocolate and vanilla!
Note: Thanks to WorkWise Software for all the cool graphics!
Thanks, and have a great weekend – and have some ice cream, too!