The start of a new year can give us the feeling of hope and excitement to start anew and look forward to what the new year may bring. It’s also a time to make new year’s resolutions/goals (if that’s something you like to do each year).
Resolutions usually focus on different aspects of life such as health, finances, decluttering and organizing, and so on. Over the years, I’ve learned not to make too many resolutions at once because it’s usually a recipe for failure and disappointment. I recently read about spreading resolutions/goals over several months, focusing on one goal at at time so it’s not overwhelming. I thought that was a pretty good idea.
Do you make new year’s resolutions? If so, do you usually keep them? Let me know in the comment section below. I would also love to know what you’re looking forward to in 2023!
Setting Goals For The New Year
Have you ever tried using a planner to help stay on track with your resolutions/goals? In a new year’s resolution article on goodhousekeeping.com, they suggest using a planner as a way to stay on track by checking off goals as they’re accomplished, even if it’s on a daily basis.
Here are just some of the many resolutions they suggest for the new year, maybe you’ll set some of them for yourself!
- Build a better budget.
- Practice mindfulness.
- Cook something new each week.
- Read more books.
- Create a cleaning schedule you’ll stick to.
- Commit to a healthier sleep routine.
- Exercise your brain.
- Delegate more chores.
- Explore new hobbies.
Resolve To Be The Best NCP Panel Member
Here are some tips to help you make the most of your panel membership in the new year. As a NCP panel member, your household represents other households just like yours across the U.S., so consistency is key! You have the unique opportunity to make your consumer voice heard and influence what you see on store shelves.
- Make scanning a habit.
- Scan all purchases from all types of stores. And, scan purchases made by other household members, too.
- Send NCP your shopping information consistently every week.
- Scan every shopping trip, big or small.
- Enter accurate purchase information including carefully choosing store names.
- If you use coupons or get special deals such as store sales or other discounts, be sure to let us know.
- Scan UPC-barcoded items, and report non-barcoded items as well using the Non-Barcoded Items list in the NCPMobile app or the Barcode Reference Booklet if you use NCP’s handheld scanner (if you switched from using the scanner to using the app, please don’t use the booklet anymore).
- Participate in NCP’s special games/promotions.
- Answer all the surveys you receive.
- If you can’t send NCP your shopping data for any reason, please be sure to contact our Panel Support Center to let them know so your membership will remain in good standing.
By participating on a consistent, weekly basis, your reward points will add up quickly!
Making reasonable and attainable resolutions/goals for the new year can help you succeed in keeping them.
Happy New Year!