It’s National Cyber Security Awareness Month. (The National Cyber Security Awareness Month was created by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the National Cyber Security Alliance.)
With most people doing virtually everything online nowadays, it is crucial that you protect yourself from “bad actors” trying to get your personal information.
So here are some useful tips from cso.com to help you stay cyber secure:
1. Always keep your privacy settings on: Most social networking websites, including Facebook, Instagram, etc., allow users to tweak or update their privacy settings easily. You can take advantage of these features and keep your online privacy intact on social media. Also, and this is pretty much common sense, don’t tell the world your business! Don’t post personal details that might come back to haunt you.
2. Choose strong passwords: Although it might be difficult for you to remember, the trickier the password, the better! There are multiple tools available on the internet that can help you create the strongest passwords. Also, don’t forget to change your passwords every couple of months.
3. Keep your antivirus program updated: Always make sure to stay current with your Operating System’s updates and the applications that you use. They provide a vital layer of security for your system and your devices.
4. Make sure your Internet connection is secured: Try avoiding a public Wi-Fi network completely, unless you can use a VPN (virtual private network) app installed on your device.
Hopefully these tips will keep you from having any problems in the future.
And don’t forget our Fall Scavenger Hunt Sweepstakes, which ends on Monday, October 14.
To enter, go to
Here are some important details:
- We’ve hidden images in past blog posts for you to find. It’s up to you to go through all of my blog postings from 2019 and look for the six fall-related images (graphics).
- To be eligible, you must provide the exact title of the blog posting. (You may find it easier to copy and paste the exact title into the response field.) You do not need to include the date of the posting.
- From all of the correct entries, five (5) winners will then be selected in a random drawing. Each winner will receive a $50 Amazon Gift Card claim code! (Please make sure to give us your contact information.)
Have a great weekend!