This weekend we’ll be having people over for a BBQ. I wasn’t sure what to make – we always have hot dogs, hamburgers, some chicken, and oftentimes ribs or other meat.
But this time I wanted something different. There are so many different things you can grill. As my husband always says regarding any type of food, “Just throw it on the grill!”
So I did some research and found a ton of unusual things to grill. Here’s just a small sampling.
According to popsugar.com:
- Bananas (Slice firm bananas in half lengthwise, lightly coat with oil, then place on hot grates for a minute before serving over ice cream.)
- Grilled cheese sandwiches
- Brie (Place the cold cheese on indirect medium heat with the grill open for a 10 count, turning to create grill marks. Flip and mark the other side then serve with a baguette, which you can also slice and toast on the grill.)
- Frozen pizza
According to finecooking.com:
- Cake (pound cake, that is)
- Cocktails (grilling the herbs — such as mint, lavender, citrusy bergamot — for a few seconds coaxes out the herb’s floral qualities. Then just add it to your drink!)
What are some unusual things you throw on the grill? Let me know!
Whatever you may have at your next BBQ – from meat to paper goods and everything in between – don’t forget to record all these purchases.
Have a great weekend everybody!