Well, school’s out for summer! I don’t know about you, but I’ve been hearing the Alice Cooper song everywhere. This song always signifies summer to me.
Anyway, if you have young children, what interesting activities can you do with them over the summer? Here are some cool options, according to thecentsiblelife.com.
- Visit one park a day
- Make a treasure hunt: Make a list of things they need to find wherever you are heading. The grocery store can be drawings of their favorite foods, while the park can be things like a bird, a rock, a sandbox, etc.
- Go on a nature walk
- Visit your local library
- Create a mini garden or plant pots for indoors
- Movie Marathon day
- Try out new restaurants
- Ice Cream Day
- Make an obstacle course
- Board Game Day
- Go for a walk and talk photos of interesting things
- Take out the hose and wash the car, or just play in the sprinklers.
- Volunteer at local animal shelter, visit a retirement community, or make some artwork for sick kids or the troops.
- Tour local factories, museums
- Cook with your kids
- Exercise together
- Chalk drawing
- Make your own videos
- Create a veggie garden
As you can see, there’s always plenty to do. And before you know it, it’ll be back to school time!
I hope you and your kids enjoy the summer.
Have a great day!