Mother’s Day is this Sunday. One thing that many moms enjoy is a good brunch. I know I do! Especially if I can have a few tasty Mimosas.
So of course someone did a study on favorite brunches. Zippia used Google Trends to find out each state’s favorite brunch dish on Mother’s Day. Zippia defined brunch foods as common breakfast foods and drinks in both search volume and prominence on menus. From there, they determined what food is searched a disproportionately, high amount in each state. According to the company, some controversial decisions were made, including counting orange juice and other liquids as a food. (Zippia used Mother’s Day 2020 to determine the list.)
Here are just some of their findings:
- 21 states’ favorite brunch food is meat. Sausage is the most popular breakfast meat (13 states), followed by bacon (8 states).Pancakes are the favorite in five states, while New Hampshire ranks waffles at the top of the list.
- However, four states believe adding chicken to your waffles is the way to go.
- Idaho, Maine, Vermont, and Wisconsin moms’ choose Bloody Marys, while Montana moms want mimosas. (Yeah, Montanan Moms!)
Favorite Mother’s Day Brunch Food In Every State
|District of Columbia||Sausage|
|Maryland||Chicken and waffles|
|Nevada||Chicken and waffles|
|North Dakota||Hash browns|
|South Dakota||French toast|
|Texas||Chicken and waffles|
|Virginia||Chicken and waffles|
|West Virginia||Cinnamon roll|
|Wyoming||Biscuits and gravy|
Now I’m a New Yorker, and although I do like oatmeal, I wouldn’t call that my favorite brunch meal!
Still, there’s nothing wrong with the traditional flowers, cards, etc. So if you do buy something for mom, please record the purchase.
Let us know what you like to get/do on Mother’s Day, by leaving a comment in the section below.
Have a happy and safe Mother’s Day!
- Mother’s Day Facts (May 10, 2019)
- How Do You Celebrate Mother’s Day? (May 11, 2018)