As you may know, I really like movies. So I can’t wait to watch the Oscars this Sunday night!
One of my favorite things is to watch the red carpet event to see what people are wearing and what they have to say. But it’s definitely a long night, because the actual awards seem to go on forever! I know I’ll be exhausted come Monday morning!
This year I did get a chance to see a few of the nominated movies. I really liked Hidden Figures, and also enjoyed La La Land.
Did you see any good movies this year? Let me know what you liked. I’m always looking for some good recommendations!
Along with movies, you know I also love interesting data. So here’s some Oscar-related information, courtesy of wallethub.com:
- $696: The value of the 24-karat gold-plated Oscar statuette
- 225: The number of countries and territories in which the Oscars will be televised
- $2.1 million: The cost of a 30-second commercial during the Oscars telecast
- 34.4 million: The average viewers of the 2016 Academy Awards, which were the least viewed Oscars since 2008
- 217 minutes: The length of the 2016 Oscars broadcast
- $42.8 million: The total cost of the Oscars ceremony
- $30,000: The cost of the 16,500-square foot Oscars red carpet
- $100+ million: The amount Hollywood spends on awards-season lobbying each year
- $300,000: The cost of mailing watermarked screeners to Oscars, Screen Actors Guild and Golden Globes voters
- $15,000: Jimmy Kimmel’s hosting fee
If you watch the Oscars, I would love to hear what you thought about the show, so let me know!
Have a great day!