As you probably know, it’s almost Super Bowl Sunday. It’ll be the New England Patriots against the Atlanta Falcons. Who do you think will win? Take our poll (below) and let us know! (Personally, I’d like to see Atlanta win.)
We of course have some interesting stats about the Super Bowl! According to The Nielsen Company, last year’s Super Bowl was watched by 111.9 million viewers. (For the past three years, women have made up 47% of the TV viewing audience.)
What would watching the Super Bowl be without some good eats? In the two weeks leading up to last year’s Super Bowl, according to Nielsen, Americans spent …
- $82 million on chicken wings
- $80 million on deli salads
- $58 million on deli sandwiches
- $23 million on deli platters
- $13 million on vegetable trays
- $10 million on deli dips
Salty Snacks (packaged goods)
- $277 million on potato chips
- $225 million on tortilla chips
- $99 million on meat snacks
- $89 million on pop corn
- $71 million on cheese snacks
- $42 million on salty snack dips
- $1.2 billion on beer, flavored malt beverage and cider
- $594 million on wine
- $503 million on spirits (whiskey, vodka, run, tequila, gin)
Finally, here’s some interesting Nielsen info about the areas represented by the Falcons and Patriots:
- Adults age 25-54 in Atlanta watch an average of four hours and five minutes of live TV
- While Bostonians watch an average of three hours and eight minutes
Are you having people over to watch the game (or at least the commercials?) If so, don’t forget to record everything you buy, because our panel members’ food preferences were reflected in the statistics above.
Have a great Super Bowl Sunday!
Just found the blog site SO INTERESTING …,THANK- you for all the info ….I LOVE THE SITE ?‼
Thank you for the kind thoughts!
I just read several poste from NCP’s blog site ( actually just found your BLOG SITE ? ? ‼) All of them were so interesting & some of the statistics were such a surprise ? ‼ THANK- YOU FOR ALL IN INFO …….I REALLY ENJOYED Reading ALL OF THEM & will make SURE I look for the blog frequently ……
Why is there never a ‘none of the above’ option?
Good point. We’ll add that option in the future.
Hoping the Falcons get a Superbowl win
We were hoping the packers were going to win. So now we just don’t want the patriots to win.
I really watch the game to view the commercials. From the preview of commercials so far, my favorite is the A-B commercial about Mr Busch arriving in St Louis.
As usual, the Doritos commercials are dumb and not funny.