So this week we went to a local farm and did some pumpkin picking. The kids really enjoyed it! While we were at the farm, we watched a pumpkin carving demonstration and got some great ideas for how to carve our own pumpkins.
My husband and I really enjoyed the corn maze they had at the farm. It was quite a challenge getting through it!
Speaking of corn mazes, I did a little research, and found a list of some really cool ones throughout the country. (Thanks to 10best.com for the great info!)
- The Farmstead Corn Maze & Pumpkin Festival, Meridian, ID
- Great Vermont Corn Maze, Danville, VT
- McCall’s Pumpkin Patch, Moriarty, NM
- Cherry Crest Adventure Farm, Lancaster, PA
- Frederica Mesa Farm Fall Festival, Avondale, CO
- Scott’s Maze, Mt. Dora, FL
- Sever’s Corn Maze & Fall Festival, Twin Cities, MN
- Treinen Farm Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch, Lodi, WI
- Cool Patch Pumpkins, Dixon, CA
- Connors Farm, Danvers, MA
We also started decorating the house. I looked around for some new ideas for making the house extra creepy. Here are a few that we’re going to try (I found these on homedit.com):
- Board Up Your Windows
- Cheesecloth Lawn Ghosts
- Front Door Flies – Attach fake plastic flies or other creepy insects around your front door handle.
- Glowing Eyes – Cut the eye shapes out of the side of the cardboard tube, insert glow sticks into the tube, and duct tape up the ends.
- “Hand”y Hallway – Find some hand props and mount them to your hallway walls for a spooky walk down the hall.
Let me know about any great corn mazes you’ve seen, or how you’re decorating your house.
Have a great day!